From BR Bullpen
John Wesley Knight
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Hieght 6' 2½", Weight 180 lb.
- School University of Pennsylvania
- Debut April 14, 1905
- Final Game October 4, 1913
- Born October 6, 1885 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died December 19, 1965 in Walnut Creek, CA USA
 Biographical Information
John Knight played in the majors for eight years, with numerous games at each of shortstop, third, first, and second base. A weak hitter most years, he had a career year with the New York Highlanders in 1910 when he hit .312 and came close to leading his team in slugging.
As a 19-year-old rookie, Knight was the regular shortstop for the 1905 Philadelphia Athletics.
Knight was just briefly at the University of Pennsylvania Dental School in 1912.