From BR Bullpen
John Henry Humphries
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School Cornell University
- Debut July 7, 1883
- Final Game October 13, 1884
- Born November 12, 1861 in North Gower, ON CAN
- Died November 29, 1933 in Salinas, CA USA
 Biographical Information
The following season John split his time between the Gothams (where Clapp was no longer the manager) and the 1884 Washington Nationals of the 1884 American Association. He was the regular catcher for the Nationals, appearing in 49 of their 63 games. Frank Olin, another player out of Cornell University, was a teammate on the Nationals.
He was sometimes called Jack Humphries.