From BR Bullpen
John Wilson Gaddy (Sheriff)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 182 lb.
- School Wake Forest University
- Debut September 27, 1938
- Final Game October 2, 1938
- Born February 5, 1914 in Wadesboro, NC USA
- Died May 3, 1966 in Albemarle, NC USA
 Biographical Information
John Gaddy won both the games he pitched for the 1938 Brooklyn Dodgers. In the minors Gaddy won in double figures for a number of teams between 1937-41.
He was a teammate of Babe Barna with Memphis in 1940.
Gaddy's first major league win happened before a moderately large crowd when the Dodgers played the 1938 New York Giants on September 27. The Dodgers won 5-1. His second win was on the last game of the season, on October 2 before only about 500 fans, when the Dodgers won 7-2.