John Wilson Gaddy (Sheriff)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 182 lb.
- School Wake Forest University
- Debut September 27, 1938
- Final Game October 2, 1938
- Born February 5, 1914 in Wadesboro, NC USA
- Died May 3, 1966 in Albemarle, NC USA
John Gaddy won both the games he pitched for the 1938 Brooklyn Dodgers. In the minors Gaddy won in double figures for a number of teams between 1937-41.
He was a teammate of Babe Barna with Memphis in 1940.
Gaddy's first major league win happened before a moderately large crowd when the Dodgers played the 1938 New York Giants on September 27. The Dodgers won 5-1. His second win was on the last game of the season, on October 2 before only about 500 fans, when the Dodgers won 7-2.