From BR Bullpen
John Aloysius Doyle
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- School Fordham University
- Debut July 26, 1882
- Final Game August 5, 1882
- Born 1858 in Halifax, NS CAN
- Died December 24, 1915 in Providence, RI USA
 Biographical Information
John Doyle had a record of 0-3 but an ERA of 2.63 that was decent.
John was one of the first ten Canadians to come to the majors, and the first one born in Halifax.
Doyle was an early player out of Fordham University, where he attended in 1873-79.
Although his 2.63 ERA wasn't bad, he allowed a great number of unearned runs.
John also played for a number of minor league teams in the northeastern U.S.