John Morgan Boozer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 205 lb.
- School Wofford College
- Debut July 22, 1962
- Final Game October 1, 1969
- Born July 6, 1938 in Columbia, SC USA
- Died January 24, 1986 in Lexington, SC USA
John Boozer died tragically of Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma) at the age of 47. He spent his entire career mainly as a reliever for the Philadelphia Phillies. He pitched in 171 games from 1962 to 1969, spending the entire 1965 season as a starting pitcher in the minor leagues, then coming back to the majors late in the 1966 season to make two starts. His last season, 1969, was among his best, as he pitched a career-high 46 games and saved 6 games, also a career best.
- Andy Sturgill: "John Boozer", in Mel Marmer and Bill Nowlin, eds.: The Year of Blue Snow: The 1964 Philadelphia Phillies, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 48-51. ISBN 978-1-933599-51-9