Harold Joseph Wallis
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 195 lb.
- School Southern Illinois University
- High School McCluer High School
- Debut September 2, 1975
- Final Game September 30, 1979
- Born January 9, 1952 in East St. Louis, IL USA
Joe Wallis came up to the Chicago Cubs with much hope in September 1975. A center fielder who would play extremely shallow on defense, Wallis never proved a valuable asset in the field or at the plate. He was traded to the Cleveland Indians for Mike Vail during the 1978 season and the Indians immediately sent him packing to the Oakland A's. A year later he was back in the minors and then out of baseball. On September 24, 1975, Wallis broke up Tom Seaver's no-hitter with two out in the bottom of the ninth inning with a clean single to right. Wallis earned the nickname "Tarzan" because he was fond of cliff diving.