Joseph Everett Sparks
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 195 lbs.
Joe Sparks was a minor-league middle infielder for 13 seasons, mainly in the New York and San Francisco Giants' organization. He was a player-coach for four of those seasons and reached AAA in 1963 and 1964 with Tacoma of the Pacific Coast League. He was the Southern League all-star second baseman in 1969 with the Columbus White Sox.
Sparks was a longtime minor league manager, holding his first job with Duluth-Superior of the Northern League in 1970. He led the Indianapolis Indians from 1986 to 1988 and was named Minor League Manager of the Year that last season. He was the American Association manager of the year 5 times in 13 seasons - 1973 with the Iowa Oaks, 1981 with the Omaha Royals and from 1986 to 1988 with Indianapolis.
Sparks' son Greg Sparks also works in the A's organization.
- Coach with the Chicago White Sox (1979)
- Coach with the Cincinnati Reds (1984)
- Hitting coach with the Montreal Expos (1989)
- Coach with the New York Yankees (1990)
- 1996-2003 Major League advance and special assignment scout St. Louis Cardinals
- 2004 Coach Sacramento River Cats
- 2005-2008 Advance Scout Oakland A's