From BR Bullpen
Joseph William Moffett born Joseph William Moffet
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 6' 0", Weight 179 lb.
- Debut May 6, 1884
- Final Game August 10, 1884
- Born June 27, 1859 in Wheeling, WV USA
- Died February 24, 1935 in San Bernardino, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Moffett was on the 1884 Toledo Blue Stockings, where he was a teammate of Fleet Walker and Welday Walker. He was the same age as Welday. While his .201 average was unimpressive the team average was .231 and several players hit under .200.
He was primarily a first baseman, at the time a defensive position, and his fielding percentage was better than that of Chappy Lane, who played the most at first base that season.