We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Joseph Anton Marty
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 182 lb.
- School Saint Mary's College of California
- High School Christian Brothers High School (Sacramento)
- Debut April 22, 1937
- Final Game September 28, 1941
- Born September 1, 1913 in Sacramento, CA USA
- Died October 4, 1984 in Sacramento, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Outfielder Joe Marty came up with the Chicago Cubs in 1937 and went 6 for 12 for the team in their 1938 World Series loss. He was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies in 1939 and played for them until joining the military during World War II. After the war, he was slowed by a knee injury and never returned to the majors. He went on to play in the Pacific Coast League and in 1950 he managed the circuit's Sacramento Solons.
After his baseball career ended, Marty operated a saloon and pizza parlor in his hometown.