From BR Bullpen
Joseph Daniel Jenkins
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 170 lb.
- High School Battle Ground Academy
- Debut April 30, 1914
- Final Game September 27, 1919
- Born October 12, 1890 in Shelbyville, TN USA
- Died June 21, 1974 in Fresno, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Though Joe Jenkins' big league career was over after 1919, he toiled in the minor leagues until 1930, when he was 39 years old. He spent seven of those years in the Pacific Coast League. In 1923, with the Salt Lake City Bees, he hit .350 with 23 doubles and nine home runs.
Following his death, he was interred at Belmont Memorial Park in Fresno, CA.
 Notable Achievement
 Further Reading
- Jacob Pomrenke: "Joe Jenkins", in Jacob Pomrenke, ed.: Scandal on the South Side: The 1919 Chicago White Sox, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 84-87. ISBN 978-1-933599-95-3