From BR Bullpen
Joseph Walter Hoerner
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 1", Weight 200 lb.
- Debut September 27, 1963
- Final Game August 5, 1977
- Born November 12, 1936 in Dubuque, IA USA
- Died October 4, 1996 in Hermann, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Joe Hoerner suffered a heart attack in 1957 but recovered and reached the majors in 1963. The lefty pitched in 493 games without a start. His best years were with the St. Louis Cardinals in the late 1960's. He died as a result of a farm accident in 1996. His brother Bob was an outfielder in the Cubs organization.
- First Baseball Card appearance 1964 Topps