We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Joseph Carl Oeschger
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 190 lb.
- School Saint Mary's College of California
- Debut April 21, 1914
- Final Game September 6, 1925
- Born May 24, 1892 in Chicago, IL USA
- Died July 28, 1986 in Rohnert Park, CA USA
 Biographical Information
The major league record for the longest game ever (measured in innings) was the 26 inning 1-1 tie between Boston and Brooklyn on May 1, 1920. Oeschger and his opponent, Leon Cadore, each pitched a complete game. Obviously, they share the record for most innings pitched in one game.
Oeschger had pitched 20 innings for Philadelphia against Brooklyn on April 30, 1919, a 9-9 tie. Thus he is the only pitcher with two games of 20+ innings in his career.