James Henry Dygert
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 158 lb.
- Debut September 8, 1905
- Final Game October 6, 1910
- Born July 5, 1884 in Utica, NY USA
- Died February 7, 1936 in New Orleans, LA USA
He started in the minors with Utica in 1903 and the Poughkeepsie Colts in 1904. He went 18-4 for New Orleans in 1905.
He pitched for the minor league Baltimore Orioles in 1911, where he went 25-15. Later he pitched for the Providence Grays, New Orleans Pelicans, Milwaukee Brewers, Toledo Mud Hens, Chattanooga Lookouts and finally Beaumont Oilers.
After his baseball days he became a handyman.
Main source: Don't Forget Jimmy Dygert
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1907)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1907)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1906-1908)
- Won a World Series with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1910 (he did not play in the World Series)