From BR Bullpen
James Joseph Leyritz (The King, Ritz)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 195 lb.
- School University of Kentucky
- Debut June 8, 1990
- Final Game September 13, 2000
- Born December 27, 1963 in Lakewood, OH USA
 Biographical Information
Leyritz crashed his vehicle into another car in Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 28, 2007, killing a woman. He smelled of alcohol and failed sobriety tests; he was also driving with a suspended driver's lisence. He was charged with DUI manslaughter but was later acquitted of manslaughter charges; he was found guilty of misdemeanor driving under the influence, however. Debate at the trial revolved over whether Leyritz or the victim, who was also intoxicated, had run a red light prior to the collision. As the evidence was unclear, Leyritz was acquitted by a Fort Lauderdale jury on November 20, 2010.
 Notable Achievements
 Further Reading
- Jim Leyritz, Douglas B. Lyons and Jeffrey Lyons: Catching Heat: The Jim Leyritz Story, HCI Books, Deerfield Beach, FL, 2011.