James Tolbert Hearn
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 205 lb.
- School Georgia Institute of Technology
- High School North Fulton High School
- Debut April 17, 1947
- Final Game May 15, 1959
- Born April 11, 1921 in Atlanta, GA USA
- Died June 10, 1998 in Boca Grande, FL USA
Nicknamed "Big Jim" because of his height, Jim Hearn played third base in college at Georgia Tech. He was converted to a pitcher while playing minor league ball for the Columbus (GA) Red Birds in 1942. After missing three seasons (1943-1945) while in the US Army during World War II, Hearn made his major-league debut in 1947. He retired in 1959 after tearing a ligament in his back.
He died of Hodgkins disease in 1998.
- NL All-Star (1952)
- NL Shutouts Leader (1950)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1951)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1951, 1952 & 1955)
- Won a World Series with the New York Giants in 1954 (he did not play in the World Series)