Jim McDonald (mcdonji04)
From BR Bullpen
Jimmie Le Roy McDonald
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Modesto High School
- Debut July 27, 1950
- Final Game April 26, 1958
- Born May 17, 1927 in Grants Pass, OR USA
- Died October 23, 2004 in Kingman, AZ USA
 Biographical Information
Jim McDonald started Game 5 of the 1953 World Series for the New York Yankees against the Brooklyn Dodgers. He pitched 7 and 2/3 innings, giving up 12 hits and 6 earned runs; he didn't walk anyone and struck out 3. He also had an RBI double in the game off Russ Meyer. The Yankees won the game, 11-7, with McDonald receiving credit for the win, and won the series, 4 games to 2.