From BR Bullpen
Jerry Dean Lumpe
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- School Missouri State University
- High School Warsaw (MO) High School
- Debut April 17, 1956
- Final Game October 1, 1967
- Born June 2, 1933 in Lincoln, MO USA
- Died August 15, 2014 in Springfield, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Tall and rangy Jerry Lumpe was a solid performer for 12 major league seasons, playing mostly second base. A better than average batsman and a good fielder, he was arguably the Kansas City Athletics' best overall player from 1960 to 1963.
In 1964, after being traded to the Detroit Tigers, he made his only All-Star appearance. Though his skills would gradually erode, he spent his last four years anchoring the Tigers' infield. After his playing career ended, Jerry Lumpe was an Oakland Athletics coach in 1971.