From BR Bullpen
Jennings Stadium was a Southern League baseball stadium located in Augusta, GA. Built in 1928, it was home to the Augusta Tygers, Augusta Tigers, Augusta Wolves and Augusta Yankees through the 1963 season. During a May 1955 game here, three fans were killed here when a concrete wall collapsed upon them as they were seeking shelter from a sudden storm.
Jennings Stadium was originally called Municipal Stadium, but it was renamed in the 1940s to honor Dr. William Dickerson Jennings, a noted local doctor and politician who served two terms as mayor of Augusta. Jennings also served as a city councilman and was the appointed surgeon for the fire and police departments.
Jennings Stadium sat in the areas of Walton Way and 15th Streets. It was replaced by Sears department store. The site is now a part of the Medical College of Georgia.