From BR Bullpen
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- Debut April 17, 1903
- Final Game May 28, 1909
- Born November 29, 1873 in Ottumwa, IA USA
- Died June 19, 1928 in Chicago, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Tornado Jake Weimer has one of the lowest ERA's in major league history. In seven seasons in the majors, he posted a 2.23 ERA, twelfth-best of all time. He also won 20 games three times.
According to an article in the July 12, 1908 New York Times, when Weimer was traded from the Cincinnati Reds to the New York Giants, he refused to report unless he was paid half of the money involved in the deal. He said that otherwise he would leave baseball and go into business with his father-in-law in Chicago, IL.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1903-1906)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 3 (1903, 1904 & 1906)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 5 (1903-1907)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1904 & 1906)