From BR Bullpen
John L. Wadsworth
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Weight 180 lb.
- Debut May 1, 1890
- Final Game April 29, 1895
- Born December 17, 1867 in Wellington, OH USA
- Died July 8, 1941 in Elyria, OH USA
 Biographical Information
Jack Wadsworth pitched four seasons in the majors, all for teams which finished under .500. His record was 6-38, and his ERA was 6.85.
Wadsworth also pitched many years in the minors.
An article in the July 1952 issue of Baseball Digest claims that Wadsworth was an amateur ventriloquist who used his talent to get opposing players in trouble with umpires, who thought it was those players who were saying disrespectful things. The article mentions both Dan Brouthers and Roger Connor as victims of this ventriloquism.
 Records Held
- Most at bats against, game (9 innings), 64, August 17, 1894
- Most batters faced, game (9 innings), 67, August 17, 1894