From BR Bullpen
John Charles Rowe
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 170 lb.
- Debut September 6, 1879
- Final Game October 4, 1890
- Born December 8, 1856 in Hamburg, PA USA
- Died April 25, 1911 in St. Louis, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Rowe was primarily a catcher in the first half of his major league career, moving to shortstop beginning in 1885 as teammate and shortstop Davy Force aged.
His best year as a hitter was 1881, when he hit .333 and led the league in triples.
After his major league days, he managed in the Eastern League.
 Notable Achievements
- NL Triples Leader (1881)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1887)