From BR Bullpen
Hugh Ignatius Daily
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 180 lb.
 Biographical Information
". . . One Armed Hugh, Hugh Daily . . . (was a) maker of great strikeout records despite his disability. He was a pitching star of the most sensational pattern, and, with his one wing, fielded surprisingly well." - Baseball Magazine, 1919
Hugh "One Arm" Daily had no left hand and a truncated left arm, and caught balls by using both a pad on his left arm and his right hand.
Daily was not much of a hitter, but pitched with some success for six years, leading the Union Association in strikeouts in 1884. He was 34 when he first made his debut with the Buffalo Bisons in 1882. He played in all three of the major leagues that existed in the 1880s.
The SABR biography of Daily also covers in detail his years with independent teams.
 Notable Achievements
- UA Strikeouts Leader (1884)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 2 (1883 & 1884)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1882-1884)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1883 & 1884)
- 400 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 500 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 200 Strikeouts Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 300 Strikeouts Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 400 Strikeouts Seasons: 1 (1884)