- Capital: Honolulu, HI
- Largest City: Honolulu, HI
- Area: 10,931 sq mi
- Rank: 43
- Population (2010): 1,360,301
- Rank: 40
- Admission to Union: August 21, 1959
- Time Zone: Hawai'i
Hawaii is the 50th and last state to join the United States, obtaining statehood in 1959. Prior to being annexed to the USA as a territory, it had been an independent kingdom until 1893 and the Republic of Hawaii from 1893 to 1898.
- Joel S. Franks: Asian Pacific Americans and Baseball: A History, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2008.
- Jim Vitti: Baseball in Hawai'i, The History Press, Charleston, SC, 2014. ISBN 978-1626193130