From BR Bullpen
Harry Lee Coe III
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 1", Weight 163 lb.
- School University of Florida, Stetson University
- High School Lakeland High School
- Born February 13, 1933 in Brooklyn, NY USA
- Died July 13, 2000 in Tampa, FL USA
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Harry Coe played in the minor leagues in 1953 and from 1956 to 1958. He had great success in his final two seasons, both spent with the Tampa Tarpons - in the former year, he went 26-3 with a 1.36 ERA in 32 games (31 starts), allowing only 189 hits in 264 games. In the latter season, he went 18-12 with a 2.41 ERA in 33 games (29 starts), allowing 190 hits in 235 innings. Overall, he went 57-37 in 120 games (he was also a decent hitter, batting .239 in 131 at-bats).
Coe later became a Hillsborough County, Florida Circuit Judge and then the State Attorney of Florida. He committed suicide on July 13, 2000.
He attended law school at Stetson University.