Frank Erwin Allen
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 4", Weight Unknown
- Debut April 27, 1872
- Final Game August 9, 1872
- Born April 20, 1846 in Augusta, ME USA
- Died February 6, 1881 in Natick, MA USA
Ham Allen played for the 1872 Middletown Mansfields.
Allen was a farmer when he enlisted in the army and served from 1862-63, getting a disability discharge. Source: SABR research on Civil War veterans.
The SABR Biographical Research Committee newsletter from 1984 states that a person or persons with the last name Allen were prominent in Middletown baseball in 1870-71, coming from the Marlboro team. It may be that they were the same one person, only with nicknames "Ham" and "Homer".