From BR Bullpen
Harold Edward Wagner
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 165 lb.
- School Duke University
- Debut October 3, 1937
- Final Game April 19, 1949
- Born July 2, 1915 in East Riverton, NJ USA
- Died August 7, 1979 in Riverside, NJ USA
 Biographical Information
Hal Wagner, who had a 12-year major league career as a catcher, had his best year in 1944 when he played most of the season for the 1944 Red Sox and hit .332 for them. He had previously been with the Philadelphia Athletics for parts of eight years.
Although he never had as many as 400 at-bats in one season, he was on two All-Star teams.
Wagner entered the Army in August 1944 and was discharged in October 1945.
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time AL All-Star (1942 & 1946)