William Harold Morris III
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 4", Weight 215 lb.
- School University of Michigan
- High School Munster High School
- Debut July 29, 1988
- Final Game October 1, 2000
- Born April 9, 1965 in Fort Rucker, AL USA
Hal Morris was one of only three players (and statistically the best) from the 8th round of the 1986 amateur draft to ever play in the big leagues. He had a very odd hitting style, taking two small steps toward the pitcher as the pitch was being delivered. It worked, though, as he averaged .304/.361/.433 over his 13 major league seasons. Primarily a first baseman, his season high for home runs was 16 for the Cincinnati Reds in 1996.
- Felice Clyne: "Hitting Consistency A Goal of the Reds' Hal Morris", Baseball Digest, November 1991, pp. 68-70. 
- Rick Sorci: "Baseball Profile: First Baseman Hal Morris", Baseball Digest, January 1994, p. 31.