From BR Bullpen
Harold Carl Manders
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 187 lb.
- School University of Iowa
- Debut August 12, 1941
- Final Game September 24, 1946
- Born June 14, 1917 in Waukee, IA USA
- Died January 21, 2010 in Waukee, IA USA
 Biographical Information
A cousin of Bob Feller, Hal Manders pitched three seasons in the big leagues, going 3-1. Manders and Feller played on the same team when they were kids.
He was at the University of Iowa in 1937 and began in the minors that year with Alexandria of the Evangeline League, going 10-5. When he went 15-9 for Knoxville of the Southern Association in 1941, he got his chance in the majors, debuting in August 1941 with the Detroit Tigers.
The Manders addition to the Waukee Public Library includes his baseball memorabilia.