From BR Bullpen
Guy Terrell Bush
(The Mississippi Mudcat)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- High School Tupelo Military Institute
- Debut September 17, 1923
- Final Game May 26, 1945
- Born August 23, 1901 in Aberdeen, MS USA
- Died July 2, 1985 in Shannon, MS USA
 Biographical Information
Guy Bush gave up the last home runs of Babe Ruth's career on May 25, 1935. Playing for the Boston Braves, Ruth hit three home runs, the first off Red Lucas and the last two off Bush. He would retire a week later on June 2nd.
Bush later managed in the AAGPBL.
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time NL Saves Leader (1925 & 1929)
- NL Games Pitched Leader (1929)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 7 (1928-1934)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1933)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 7 (1928-1930 & 1932-1935)
 Further Reading
- Gregory H. Wolf: "Guy Bush", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: Winning on the North Side: the 1929 Chicago Cubs, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 29-35. ISBN 978-1-933599-89-2