Gulf States League
From BR Bullpen
The Gulf States League was one of the few failed minor league experiments of the 1970s. It operated in 1976 as a class A league. Three of the six teams survived into 1977 when it was renamed the Lone Star League. None of the Gulf States League teams were affiliated with major league organizations.
 Cities Represented
- Baton Rouge, LA: Baton Rouge Cougars
- Beeville, TX: Beeville Bees
- Corpus Christi, TX: Corpus Christi Seagulls, moved to Lone Star League 1977
- Harlingen, TX: Rio Grande Valley White Wings
- Seguin, TX: Seguin Toros
- Victoria, TX: Victoria Cowboys
 Yearly Standings
 1976 Standings
|Baton Rouge Cougars||43-27||-||Matt Batts||withdrew August 13|
|Seguin Toros||29-48||17 1/2||Jimmy Smith|
|Beeville Bees||33-53||18||Bob Leach|
|Corpus Christi Seagulls||50-27||-||Leo Mazzone|
|Victoria Cowboys||43-35||7 1/2||Ken Richardson|
|Rio Grande Valley White Wings||32-40||14 1/2||Ted Uhlaender|
- Playoff: Seguin 2 games, Beeville 0.
- Finals: Corpus Christi 3 games, Seguin 0.