Gulf States League
The Gulf States League was one of the few failed minor league experiments of the 1970s. It operated in 1976 as a class A league. Three of the six teams survived into 1977 when it was renamed the Lone Star League. None of the Gulf States League teams were affiliated with major league organizations.
- Baton Rouge, LA: Baton Rouge Cougars
- Beeville, TX: Beeville Bees
- Corpus Christi, TX: Corpus Christi Seagulls, moved to Lone Star League 1977
- Harlingen, TX: Rio Grande Valley White Wings
- Seguin, TX: Seguin Toros
- Victoria, TX: Victoria Cowboys
|Baton Rouge Cougars||43-27||-||Matt Batts||withdrew August 13|
|Seguin Toros||29-48||17 1/2||Jimmy Smith|
|Beeville Bees||33-53||18||Bob Leach|
|Corpus Christi Seagulls||50-27||-||Leo Mazzone|
|Victoria Cowboys||43-35||7 1/2||Ken Richardson|
|Rio Grande Valley White Wings||32-40||14 1/2||Ted Uhlaender|
- Playoff: Seguin 2 games, Beeville 0.
- Finals: Corpus Christi 3 games, Seguin 0.