We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
William Glenn Abbott
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 6", Weight 200 lb.
- School State College of Arkansas
- Debut July 29, 1973
- Final Game August 8, 1984
- Born February 16, 1951 in Little Rock, AR USA
 Biographical Information
On September 28, 1975, Glenn Abbott pitched 1/9 of a no-hitter for the Oakland Athletics over the California Angels on the last day of the regular season, relieving Vida Blue, who threw the first five innings. Abbott retired Ike Hampton, Jerry Remy, and Dave Chalk in order in the 6th inning before being replaced by Paul Lindblad (7th inning) and Rollie Fingers (8th and 9th innings). This was the first four-pitcher combined no-hitter in Major League history.
- 1990, 1993-1996 Pitching coach Huntsville Stars
- 1999 Pitching Coach Midland Rockhounds
- 2000-2002 Pitching coach Modesto A's
- 2003-2004 Pitching coach Oklahoma RedHawks
- 2005 Pitching coach Spokane Indians
- 2006 Pitching coach Mobile BayBears
- 2007 and 2010 Pitching coach San Antonio Missions
- 2008-2009 Pitching coach Portland Beavers
- 2011 Pitching coach Savannah Sand Gnats
- 2012-2013 Pitching coach Binghamton Mets
 Notable Achievements
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1977 & 1980)
- Won a World Series with the Oakland Athletics in 1974 (he did not play in the World Series)