From BR Bullpen
Gerald J. Shea
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 160 lb.
- School Creighton University
- Debut October 1, 1905
- Final Game October 3, 1905
- Born July 26, 1881 in Omaha, NE USA
- Died May 3, 1964 in Berkeley, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Gerry Shea was a well-known catcher in the St. Louis municipal leagues. He was attending a Cardinals game on October 1, 1905 when the team's last healthy catcher was unable to start. In the last such case known in MLB history, Shea was called out of the stands to participate in a game. He went on to play minor league baseball before retiring.
He was the first major league player to come from Creighton University.