George A. Heubel
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 11", Weight 178 lb.
- Debut May 20, 1871
- Final Game August 17, 1876
- Born June 20, 1849 in Germany
- Died January 22, 1896 in Philadelphia, PA USA
"Heubel in right was a fair fielder and a very heavy hitter." - Tim Murnane, reminiscing in 1886 about the old Athletics team, in Sporting Life, Dec. 15, 1886
". . . in his day one of the finest outfielders . . ." - Sporting Life, Feb. 22, 1896
George Heubel had played for the Quaker City amateur team as early as 1867, as a teammate of Fergy Malone. In 1871, when the National Association started, he played right field for the championship team, the Philadelphia Athletics. Malone was the catcher on the Athletics.