From BR Bullpen
Eugene Richards Jr.
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- School South Carolina State University
- Debut April 6, 1977
- Final Game September 30, 1984
- Born September 29, 1953 in Monticello, SC USA
 Biographical Information
Gene Richards was a speedy outfielder who spent eight years in the majors in the 1970s and 1980s. His most productive seasons in the bigs were the first seven years spent with the San Diego Padres. A Padre starter from 1977 to 1983, Richards had two seasons hitting over .300 to go along with topping the 50 stolen base mark twice.
In 1989 Richards played for the Winter Haven Super Sox of the Senior Professional Baseball Association. He hit .326 and stole 11 bases and led the league with most games played in the outfield with 70 games played.
 Notable Achievements
- 1975 MVP California League Reno Silver Sox
- NL Singles Leader (1980)
- NL Triples Leader (1981)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 2 (1977 & 1980)