From BR Bullpen
Emmett Eugene Dale
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 179 lb.
- Debut September 19, 1911
- Final Game July 2, 1916
- Born June 16, 1889 in St. Louis, MO USA
- Died March 20, 1958 in St. Louis, MO USA
 Biographical Information
"Gene Dale did the pitching against Matty, and he was far better than the veteran." - New York Times, July 13, 1915, about a ballgame in which Dale outpitched Christy Mathewson
Gene Dale played four seasons in the majors. Most notably, he went 18-17 with the Cincinnati Reds in 1915. In November of 1920, Dale was expelled from Organized Ball for allegedly conspiring to throw games while with the Salt Lake City Bees.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1915)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1915)