From BR Bullpen
Gary Lee Waslewski
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 195 lb.
- School University of Connecticut
- Debut June 11, 1967
- Final Game September 28, 1972
- Born July 21, 1941 in Meriden, CT USA
 Biographical Information
Gary Waslewski holds the record for the fewest career wins at the time of a World Series start. He had only two career wins before starting Game 6 of the 1967 World Series for the Boston Red Sox. The postseason record is now one win, by Hong-Chih Kuo of the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 2006 NLDS.
 Notable Achievements
 Further Reading
- John Cizik: "Gary Waslewski", in Chip Greene, ed.: Mustaches and Mayhem, Charlie O's Three-Time Champions: The Oakland Athletics 1972-74, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 322-327. ISBN 978-1-943816-07-1