From BR Bullpen
Garrett Reese Fortune
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½, Weight 176 lb.
- School Weaver College
- High School Asheville High School
- Debut October 5, 1916
- Final Game August 2, 1920
- Born October 11, 1894 in High Point, NC USA
- Died September 23, 1955 in Washington, DC USA
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Gary Fortune won 24 consecutive victories in the Eastern League over the course of three seasons. He won his last 16 games for the Pittsfield Hillies in 1919 and was 6-0 for the Springfield Hampdens in 1920 before joining the Boston Red Sox. After playing in the International League with the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1921, he returned to the Eastern League in 1922 and won his first two decisions with the Springfield Ponies.