From BR Bullpen
Frank White Jr.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 170 lb.
- School Manatee Community College
- Debut June 12, 1973
- Final Game September 30, 1990
- Born September 4, 1950 in Greenville, MS USA
 Biographical Information
Second baseman Frank White spent all eighteen years of his career with the Kansas City Royals. He holds the franchise record with eight Gold Gloves. After stints as a member of the Boston Red Sox (1994-1996) and Royals (1997-2001) coaching staffs, he served as the manager of the Wichita Wranglers, the Royals double A affiliate. He is currently working in the front office with the Kansas City Royals.
He is the most successful graduate of the Kansas City Royals Baseball Academy - established by team owner Ewing Kauffman and run by Syd Thrift. The purpose of the Academy was to refine the skills of athletically-gifted prospects who had been neglected by other major league teams because they had not played much baseball in high school or college. Like many of the Academy's projects, Frank White had not been drafted; but he was developed into one of the leading second basemen of his generation.
White was a coach for the Kansas City T-Bones in 2012-2013.
 Notable Achievements
- 5-time AL All-Star (1978, 1979, 1981, 1982 & 1986)
- 1980 ALCS MVP
- 8-time AL Gold Glove Winner (1977-1982, 1986 & 1987)
- AL Silver Slugger Award Winner (1986)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1985 & 1986)
- Won a World Series with the Kansas City Royals in 1985
 Year-By-Year Minor League Managerial Record
|1992||GCL Red Sox||Gulf Coast League||18-41||15th||Boston Red Sox|
|2004||Wichita Wranglers||Texas League||73-66||3rd||Kansas City Royals|
|2005||Wichita Wranglers||Texas League||68-72||6th||Kansas City Royals|
|2006||Wichita Wranglers||Texas League||77-62||2nd||Kansas City Royals||Lost League Finals|
 Further Reading
- Frank White (as told to George Vass): "The Game I'll Never Forget," Baseball Digest (July 1987), pp. 61-62, 64
- Frank White (as told to Al Doyle): "The Game I'll Never Forget," Baseball Digest (May 2003), pp. 48-51