From BR Bullpen
Michael Joseph Morrissey
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 4", Weight 140 lb.
- Debut July 13, 1901
- Final Game October 4, 1902
- Born May 5, 1876 in Baltimore, MD USA
- Died February 22, 1939 in Baltimore, MD USA
 Biographical Information
Michael Morrissey, known in baseball as Frank Morrissey or Deacon Morrissey, pitched well in 1901-02 with an ERA of 2.23 in 44.3 innings. Morrissey threw no-hitters for Portsmouth Boers of the Virginia League in 1900 and Greensboro Patriots of the Carolina Association in 1911.
The Sporting Life issue from February 27, 1908, says that Morrissey was the "premier slab artist" for the Roanoke team but had written that he might not play in 1908. A previous article in Sporting Life from March 3, 1906, noted that he had gotten married and was employed at a wholesale liquor store.