From BR Bullpen
Francis Isaiah Foreman
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut May 15, 1884
- Final Game May 10, 1902
- Born May 1, 1863 in Baltimore, MD USA
- Died November 19, 1957 in Baltimore, MD USA
 Biographical Information
Frank Foreman was a true journeyman. In his eleven-year major league career, he played for two teams in the Union Association, two teams in the American Association, two teams in the nascent American League, and five teams in the National League.
Primarily a pitcher, he also appeared 21 times in the outfield. He was not much of a hitter except in 1892 when he slugged .569 in 51 at-bats, a slugging percentage that far exceeded that of the league leader in slugging, Ed Delahanty.
Frank lived to be 94 1/2 years old. His Wikipedia entry states that as a scout he discovered Eddie Plank.
 Notable Achievements
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1889)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1889, 1891 & 1895)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1889 & 1891)
- 400 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1889)
 Further Reading
- James Elfers: "Frank Foreman", in Bill Nowlin, Maurice Bouchard and Len Levin, eds.: "New Century, New Team: The 1901 Boston Americans", SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 74-80. ISBN 978-1-933599-58-8