From BR Bullpen
Note: This is the page for the major league infielder named Francis Abercrombie. For the minor league pitcher named Francis Abercrombie, please click here.
Francis Patterson Abercrombie ("Frank") Formerly thought to be Dave Abercrombie
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height Unknown, Weight Unknown
- School Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Debut October 21, 1871
- Final Game October 21, 1871
- Born January 2, 1850 in Fort Towson, MD USA
- Died November 11, 1939 in Philadelphia, PA USA
 Biographical Information
Francis Abercrombie played in a single game as a shortstop for the National Association Troy Haymakers. He did not reach base in 4 plate appearances. In the field, he had 1 putout, 3 assists, and 2 errors in 6 chances for a .667 fielding percentage.
According to SABR research, Abercrombie played for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute from 1870 to 1872, including against Troy. For many years, the Troy shortstop was misidentified as Dave Abercrombie. Dave was actually a newspaper owner.