From BR Bullpen
Originally known as Reading Municipal Memorial Stadium, FirstEnergy Stadium opened in 1951. The ballpark was home to the Reading Indians from 1952 to 1961. In 1963 and 1964, the Reading Red Sox called the ballpark home before the Indians returned for the 1965 season. The Reading Phillies began play there in 1967 and have remained there ever since.
In 1999, Reading Municipal Memorial Stadium was renamed GPU Stadium. Three years later, the park was renamed again when the name FirstEnergy Stadium was adopted.
In 2002, FirstEnergy Stadium became the first ballpark to win the http://www.digitalballparks.com annual Ballpark of the Year Award.
Photograph Courtesy of and Submitted by (c) Eric and Wendy Pastore http://www.digitalballparks.com
|Current ballparks in Eastern League|
|Eastern Division||Western Division|
|FirstEnergy Stadium | Hadlock Field | New Britain Stadium | Northeast Delta Dental Stadium | NYSEG Stadium | Waterfront Park||Blair County Ballpark | Canal Park | The Diamond | Jerry Uht Park | Metro Bank Park | Prince George's Stadium|