- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 170 lb.
- School Cosumnes River College, Arizona State University
- Debut April 10, 1993
- Final Game May 11, 2004
- Born April 16, 1969 in Sacramento, CA USA
The Mitchell Report claimed that Fernando Viña used Human Growth Hormone and purchased steroids. In response, Viña admitted to using HGH in 2003 but denied having purchased steroids.
After retiring as a player, Fernando was an analyst for ESPN.
Fernando's son, Jordan Viña, was a sophomore infielder at Sacramento City College in 2011.
- NL All-Star (1998)
- 2-time NL Gold Glove Winner (2001 & 2002)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1998)