From BR Bullpen
Ernest Lee McAnally
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- School Paris Junior College
- High School Mount Pleasant (TX) High School
- Debut April 11, 1971
- Final Game September 10, 1974
- Born August 15, 1946 in Pittsburg, TX USA
 Biographical Information
A former outfielder, Ernie McAnally switched to pitching in 1968 because he felt he was lacking as a hitter. He responded with a 9-7 record for the Visalia Mets of the class A California League and three years later was in the majors. Equipped with a super fastball and a sinker, he was 10-4 as a starter for the Montreal Expos after the 1971 All-Star break.