From BR Bullpen
Erik Brian Hanson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 6", Weight 210 lb.
- School Wake Forest University
- High School Peddie School
- Debut September 5, 1988
- Final Game June 8, 1998
- Born May 18, 1965 in Kinnelon, NJ USA
 Biographical Information
Erik Hanson was signed as a 2nd round pick in the 1986 amateur draft by the Seattle Mariners and scout S.E. "Rip" Tutor. He pitched for Team USA in the 1985 Intercontinental Cup; despite a staff featuring Hanson, Jack McDowell and Kevin Brown, the USA only went 2-5.
Hanson was the first righthander in Mariners' history to strike out 200 or more batters in a season (left-hander Mark Langston had reached that plateau before him).
He threw a fastball, curveball and change-up.
 Notable Achievements
- AL All-Star (1995)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1990 & 1995)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1990, 1993 & 1996)
- 200 Strikeouts Seasons: 1 (1990)