Eric Ryan Eckenstahler
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 7", Weight 220 lb.
- School Illinois State University
- High School Antioch Community High School
- Debut September 9, 2002
- Final Game September 21, 2003
- Born December 17, 1976 in Waukegan, IL USA
Eric Eckenstahler, born in Waukegan, IL, was at Illinois State University from 1997-2000 and then in the minors from 2000-05. He came up to the majors in 2002 and 2003 for 27 games with the Detroit Tigers, with most of his appearances in 2003 when he had a 2.87 ERA in 20 games. Since the team lost an enormous 119 games and had a team ERA of 5.32, one might have thought Eric would have looked good - his was the lowest ERA on the team - but he did not come back the following year, instead pitching in the minors .