From BR Bullpen
Edward Emil Kranepool
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 3", Weight 215 lb.
- High School James Monroe High School
- Debut September 22, 1962
- Final Game September 30, 1979
- Born November 8, 1944 in New York, NY USA
 Biographical Information
"Steady Eddie" Kranepool played in every New York Mets season from their inaugural season of 1962, when he was a 17-year-old barely out of high school, through 1979, despite very ordinary career statistics. Possessing a valuable lefthanded bat, Kranepool was also a good first baseman and could play the corner outfield positions as well. He hit .268 against righthanders but only .220 against lefties. He held the Mets club record with 1,488 career hits, until David Wright passed him on September 26, 2012.
 Notable Achievements
 Further Reading
- Ed Kranepool (as told to George Vass): "The Game I'll Never Forget", Baseball Digest, April 1993, pp. 83-84.