East Los Angeles, CA
From BR Bullpen
East Los Angeles is part of the greater Los Angeles, CA area, located, as its name implies, east of downtown, from which it is separated by the Los Angeles River. East Los Angeles has long been a city of immigrants, with a particularly important Mexican-American community.
 Persons who were born here
- Jake Jaeckel, pitcher
- Eric Martins, minor league infielder
- Gabriel Orozco, minor league pitcher
- Sergio Pedroza, minor league outfielder
- Ricky Romero, pitcher
- Mark Serrano, minor league pitcher
 Educational institutions located here
 Further Reading
- Richard A. Santillan and Francisco E. Balderrama: "Los Chorizeros: The New York Yankees of East Los Angeles and the Reclaiming of Mexican American Baseball History", in Jean Hastings Ardell and Andy McCue, ed.: Endless Seasons: Baseball in Southern California, The National Pastime, SABR, Number 41, 2011, pp. 7-13.