Richard Jay Selma
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Fresno City College
- High School Fresno High School
- Debut September 2, 1965
- Final Game August 9, 1974
- Born November 4, 1943 in Santa Ana, CA USA
- Died August 29, 2001 in Clovis, CA USA
Dick Selma became the leader of the "Bleacher Bums" at Wrigley Field in 1969 after coming the the Cubs in an early-season trade with the Padres. Selma went 10-8 with the Cubs and was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies in the off-season.
Selma was a notorious needler, and his tongue got the best of him in 1972, when Phillies traveling secretary Eddie Ferenz, a former minor league hockey player, knocked him out onto a Newark Airport luggage carousel in response to an insult.
His son, Bart Selma, is an assistant coach at Fresno City College.