We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Richard Jay Selma (Mortimer Snerd)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Fresno City College
- Debut September 2, 1965
- Final Game August 9, 1974
- Born November 4, 1943 in Santa Ana, CA USA
- Died August 29, 2001 in Clovis, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Dick Selma became the leader of the "Bleacher Bums" at Wrigley Field in 1969 after coming the the Cubs in an early-season trade with the Padres. Selma went 10-8 with the Cubs and was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies in the off-season.
Selma was a notorious needler, and his tongue got the best of him in 1972, when Phillies traveling secretary Eddie Ferenz, a former minor league hockey player, knocked him out onto a Newark Airport luggage carousel in response to an insult.
His son, Bart Selma, is an assistant coach at Fresno City College.
- First Baseball Card appearance 1966 Topps