From BR Bullpen
Richard James Midkiff
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- Debut April 24, 1938
- Final Game September 13, 1938
- Born September 28, 1914 in Gonzales, TX USA
- Died October 30, 1956 in Temple, TX USA
 Biographical Information
Dick Midkiff pitched for the 1938 Red Sox as a teammate of Lefty Grove, who was 15 years older than him. Midkiff had an ERA of 5.09 on a team whose overall ERA was 4.46. Grove had an ERA of 3.09, but then he was by far the best on the team, and he was, well, Lefty Grove.
He also pitched for Minneapolis in 1938.
Dick is the second of two major leaguers named Midkiff, with the other being Ezra Midkiff.